The following is a small portion of the evidence which identifies the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) as a Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas and terrorist organization.
Among the massive amount of evidence entered into the US v Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (hereafter “HLF”) trial – the largest Hamas and terrorism financing trial ever successfully prosecuted in U.S. history – is a volume of evidence which definitively identifies
CAIR as an organization established by the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood’s “Palestine Committee” which is Hamas in America. CAIR has received funds from other Hamas entities and organizations affiliated with Al Qaeda. In fact, a document retrieved from CAIR headquarters reveals internal discussions at CAIR to support Osama bin Laden.
While CAIR bills itself as a “Muslim civil rights” organization, the evidence does not support this and, in fact, demonstrates it is a Hamas entity. Hamas is a terrorist organization.
1. In 1993, the leaders of the U.S. Palestine Committee, which is Hamas in the United States, met in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The meeting was covered by the FBI via physical surveillance, microphones in meeting rooms, wiretaps on phones, and other investigative techniques. An Action Memo from FBI Counterterrorism Assistant Director Dale Watson stated this was a “Meeting among senior leaders of Hamas, the HLFRD, and the IAP.” The FBI’s analysis of the Philadelphia meeting entered as evidence in the US v HLF trial stated: “All attendees of this meeting are Hamas members.” CAIR founders Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmad were present at this meeting.
2. The U.S. government’s indictment of the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (HLF) stated: “The purpose of this (1993 Philadelphia) meeting was to determine their course of action in support of Hamas’ opposition to the peace plan and to decide how to conceal their activities from the scrutiny of the United States government.”
3. FBI recordings of the conversations by Hamas leaders at the Philadelphia meeting captured Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmad discussing the creation of a new public relations organization for Hamas which FBI investigators testified was CAIR, created in 1994 following the Philadelphia meeting.
4. CAIR was incorporated in 1994 by Nihad Awad, Omar Ahmad, and Rafeeq Jaber, all of whom were leaders of the Islamic Association of Palestine (IAP), a now-defunct Hamas organization in the U.S.
5. In 1993 and 1994, CAIR founder Omar Ahmad served as the National President for IAP (Hamas) and was the Chairman of the Board for CAIR from 1994-2005.
6. Rafeeq Jaber served as the National President of IAP (Hamas) from 1996-98 and 1999-2005.
7. Musa Abu Marzook, the Deputy Political Chief for Hamas and the Leader of Hamas in the United States (Chairman of the U.S. Palestine Committee), was a member of the IAP Board of Directors.
8. CAIR founder Omar Ahmad was on the Executive Committee for the U.S. Palestine Committee (U.S. Hamas).
9. Because of the overwhelming evidence that CAIR is a Hamas entity, U.S. prosecutors identified CAIR as a member of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood’s Palestine Committee (Hamas), and as unindicted co-conspirators in the US v HLF case – the largest terrorism financing and Hamas trial ever successfully prosecuted in U.S. history.
10. The Palestine Committee (Hamas) Meeting in 1994 lists CAIR as the 4th organization operating under it (Hamas). This document was entered into evidence at the US v HLF trial.
11. Hamas is a designated Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) by the U.S. government and many governments around the world.
12. In the December 2007 government filing in the US v Sabri Benkhala appeal (Eastern District of Virginia), the government stated: “From its founding by the Muslim Brotherhood leaders, CAIR conspired with other affiliates of the Muslim Brotherhood to support terrorists.”
13. In a document retrieved from CAIR’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. by one of its interns – now UTT Vice President Chris Gaubatz – CAIR openly discussed supporting Osama bin Laden. The document was titled “Proposed Muslim Platform for 2004” (dated 3/08/04) and stated, in part, “Attempt to understand Islamic movements in the area, and start supporting Islamic groups including Mr. bin Laden and his associates.”
14. In a 2004 FBI raid at the Annandale, Virginia residence of Ismail Elbarasse, a senior Hamas and Muslim Brotherhood leader, the archives of the U.S. MB were discovered. One of the documents found listed the leaders of the U.S. Palestine Committee (Hamas). On the list were the names of CAIR founders Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmad (alias Omar Yeheya).
15. In the government filing rebuking CAIR’s motion to have its name removed from the unindicted co-conspirator list in the HLF case, U.S. prosecutors stated, “As of the date of this response, the Court has entered into evidence a wide array of testimonial and documentary evidence expressly linking CAIR and its founders to the HLF and its principals; the Islamic Association for Palestine and its principals; the Palestine Committee in the United States, headed by Hamas official Mousa Abu Marzook; and the greater HAMAS-affiliated conspiracy described in the Government’s case-in-chief.”
16. In the government filing rebuking ISNA/NAIT’s motion to have their names removed from the unindicted co-conspirator list in the HLF case, U.S. prosecutors stated, “The U.S. Muslim Brotherhood created the U.S. Palestine Committee, which documents reflect was initially comprised of three organizations: the OLF (HLF), the IAP, and the UASR. CAIR was later
added to these organizations…the mandate of these organizations, per the International Muslim Brotherhood, was to support Hamas.”
17. In ruling to leave CAIR on the unindicted co-conspirator list in the HLF case, Federal Judge Jorge Solis listed a portion of the overwhelming evidence against CAIR and wrote: “The Government has produced ample evidence to establish the associations of CAIR, ISNA, and NAIT with the HLF, the Islamic Association of Palestine (“IAP”), and with Hamas.”
18. In a 3-0 ruling, an Appellate panel agreed to leave CAIR, ISNA, and NAIT on the unindicted co-conspirator list in the HLF case.
19. The Holy Land Foundation was convicted of being a Hamas organization, and its leaders were convicted of being Hamas leaders which funneled over $12 million to Hamas.
20. HLF provided CAIR with $5,000 of seed money when it was founded, and CAIR raised money for HLF.
21. FBI Assistant Director Steve Pomeranz stated: “By masquerading as a mainstream public affairs organization, CAIR has taken the lead in trying to mislead the public about the terrorist underpinnings of militant Islamic movements, in particular, Hamas.”
22. In a February 2010 affidavit from an FBI Special Agent in the immigration proceedings for Hamas leader Nabil Sadoun in Dallas, Texas, the affiant declared the U.S. Palestine Committee was affiliated with Hamas. He further identified four (4) Hamas organizations created by the Hamas in America: Holy Land Foundation, Islamic Association for Palestine, United Association for Studies and Research, and Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR).
23. In a 2003 Senate Sub-Committee hearing on radical Islam, Senator Charles Schumer (NY) stated, “To make matters worse, the prominent members of the Council’s (CAIR’s) current leadership who you Mr. Chairman invited to the hearings today, they declined to testify, also have intimate connections with Hamas.”
24. In a letter dated February 12, 2010 to U.S. Congresswoman Sue Myrick (NC) from Assistant U.S. Attorney General Ronald Weich, Mr. Weich wrote “Enclosed (is) evidence that was introduced in that trial (US v HLF) which demonstrated the relationship among CAIR, individual CAIR founders, and the Palestine Committee. Evidence was also introduced that demonstrated a relationship between the Palestine Committee and Hamas.”
25. In June 2009, on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives, Congressman Frank Wolf (VA) gave a lengthy speech in which he laid out a great deal of the evidence against CAIR and its ties to Hamas. The transcript of this speech can be found at: https://web.archive.org/web/20140922235833/
26. In a letter dated April 28, 2009 from the FBI’s Assistant Director, Office of Congressional Affairs, to U.S. Senator John Kyl (AZ), the FBI leader details why the FBI cut off all formal ties to CAIR and identifies it as an unindicted co-conspirator in the HLF trial because of its relationship with Hamas.
27. CAIR has received funds from overseas organizations WAMY (World Association of Muslim Youth) and IIRO (International Islamic Relief Organization), a subsidiary of the Muslim World League (MWL). Both WAMY and IIRO are Saudi-funded organizations whose U.S. offices were raided by the government because of their possible ties to Hamas and Al Qaeda.
28. In 1999, CAIR received $250,000 from a Saudi-based bank headed by the former director of the Muslim World League (MWL), identified by Osama bin Laden as a primary source of funds for Al Qaeda. Federal investigators raided MWL’s U.S. offices.
29. In a 2008 interview, the Deputy Supreme Guide of the International Muslim Brotherhood Muhammad Habib was asked about the Brotherhood’s connections to CAIR: Interviewer: “But back to CAIR, some people from the Muslim Brotherhood have denied having a connection with CAIR, Do they really represent you?” Habib: “Ehh, this is a sensitive subject, and it’s kind of problematic, especially after 9/11.” Interviewer: “For them to say that there is a relationship between you two?” Habib: “Yes, you can say that.”
30. CAIR has a long record of defending jihadis and jihadi organizations, and continues to publicly condemn all counterterrorism efforts of the U.S. government and local law enforcement. CAIR has never defended the United States in its war against the jihadis. But why would they? They are Hamas.
It should be noted that the above information represents a small fraction of the evidence demonstrating CAIR is a Hamas/Muslim Brotherhood entity. Hamas is a terrorist organization.
CAIR = Hamas. Hamas = Terrorists. CAIR = Terrorists
This document was created by UnderstandingtheThreat.com
Click here to download this PDF document